BUILDING QUALITY BACKLINKS
If you have been researching about Google rankings or Search Engine Optimization (SEO), you should have read about the importance of building backlinks. Building QUALITY backlinks is the most direct and effective way to rank high. Backlinks have become so important to the scope of Search Engine Optimization, that they have become some of the main building blocks to good search engine results page (SERP) rankings. Read how BestProducts.com got ranked top on Google and obtained more than 600,000 visits in just six months here.
Backlinks are links from other websites that are directed towards your website. Backlinks are also knows as Inbound links (IBL's). Backlinks are important to ranking because the number of backlinks is an indication of the reputation and popularity of a website. Search engines, especially Google, will give more credit to websites that have more quality backlinks, and consider them to be more relevant and trust-worthy.
A quality backlink is :
- backlink from a relevant content
- backlink from a quality content
- backlink from a quality website
- backlink from a relevant website (similar niche or same niche category)
- backlink from authoritative websites. Authoritative websites are famous websites that are highly influential in their own respective industry. For examples : cnn.com, apple.com, newyorktimes.com, etc.
HOW MANY BACKLINKS DO I NEED?
The first question most people have is “how many backlinks do I need?”. The number of quality backlinks you need to rank first in SERP is very much based on the level of competition, in-terms of the number of backlinks and the quality of backlinks. If your competitor has more quality backlinks than you, then his/her page will rank higher than yours. But what makes the question difficult to give a more precise answer is that the quality of your backlinks have a big influence to it. For example : one high quality backlink can be equal to 100+ low quality backlinks.
HOW DO I GET BACKLINKS
The best way to get quality backlinks is to post content in other people’s website, this is also called ‘Guest Posting’. What you do is you find a website that is relevant to your niche, contact the website’s owner and ask for permission to guest post in his or her website. Or you can suggest to exchange guest posting, which you guest post on her website and she guest post on yours.
Create a content that relates to both niches, for instance your niche is about losing weight, and the other website’s niche is about nutrition; the content you want to guest post have to be relevant to both niches, the title of the content should be something like ‘How to lose weight by taking the correct nutrition’.
You do this again and again to build-up the number of quality backlinks. It takes time but this is the most effective way to get your page ranked on the first page.
The strategy is to focus on one page at a time. Focus on an important page, a page that will lead to conversions, sales or will drive traffic. Build backlinks pointing to this page until it gets ranked on the first page of Google search results. If the competition is high, you will need more backlinks to reach the first page of SERP.
When you successfully got one important page ranked high, do the same for another important page within your site. In no time you will have several pages ranked on the first page of SERP.
HOW TO USE THE 'BUILD QUALITY BACKLINKS TOOL'
1. Go to Build Quality Backlinks Tool, add your URL by clicking the 'Enter New URL' button. Follow the simple steps to complete the form. After successful submission, your URL will be listed in the Build Quality Backlinks Tool Page.
2. Search for websites that are relevant to your niche and are publishing quality content. Click on the selected URL and it will take you to that URL's page.
3. Request to guest post or exchange guest post. Make sure to introduce yourself and your website while requesting for guest post exchange.
4. Reject any guest post or guest post exchange request from irrelevant or low quality website.
When you exchange guest post, it is very important that both parties agree on certain aspects:
- either party can reject the guest post if the quality of content is not up to expectation
- minimum word count (I suggest to have a minimum word count of 500)
- maximum number of backlinks permitted (I suggest not more than 5 backlinks)
Implement this strategy and you will get your pages ranked on the first page. When you have more authoritative pages, the authority of your website as a whole will improve as well. Pages from authoritative websites are ranked high automatically.