How to be great in life

success2

How to be great in life

Let’s first define “Success”

Before we learn about how to be great in life, let us agree on the definition of success. Success means being able to achieve your goals, however big or small they maybe. If your goal is to be a billionaire, you achieve it, you are successful. If your goal is to be a good father, you achieve it, you are successful.

Don’t bother with others’ judgement on your dream

You may already know by now, whatever dream you may have, there will be somebody judging it negatively.

“You want to be a billionaire? Come on be realistic … “

“What? You just want to be a good teacher your whole life? ….”

These negativism sometimes can even come from people who are closest to us, so we need to have the determination to chase for our dreams. We have to be strong and be confident.

Expect failure and be persistent

You can’t expect to achieve your dream the first time trying, life does suck! Even the richest people now have gone through some really nasty shit. Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Mark Zuckerberg, Michael Bloomberg, Donald Trump… etc. Below are some big failures that lead to big achievements.

failures

Persistence is one big part of being successful and great. Remember: the bigger the dream, the harder it is to achieve.

Be positive

kelly clarkson

Let’s get one thing perfectly clear, positive thinking is a choice. You need to make “having a positive mindset” a habit. You need to believe that you can achieve your goals, you need to be confident that you can solves all the obstacles along the way. You need the energy to stand up again every time you fall.

Remember what Kelly Clarkson said “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”.

Spend time thinking

“Warrent Buffet spent 80% of his career reading and thinking.”

When you want to achieve something, there are a lot to think about. You need to think about your strategy, what kind of resources you need, who can help you, evaluate the outcome/result of every action taken, re-strategizing, prioritizing, solving problems, etc. Remember : do not “find time” to think, you have  to “make time” instead.

Put into action, right away

No greatness can be achieved if you don’t put it into action. Come up with a schedule, a realistic one to keep track on your progress. This schedule has to be broken down to long-term (can be as long as ten years depending on your goal), mid-term and short term goal. Work out the time you can spend daily or weekly, having a balance with your current job and family. Time flies, if you do not have a schedule to keep track, you may be out of time before you know it.

Make time to release stress

Everyone has different ways to release stress, go for movies, jogging, holidays with your family, etc. Trust me you need this to stay motivated to fulfill your dream. Don’t wear yourself out until you feel like giving up.

To be great, we have to be determined, be positive, be confident, be patient and be strong.

Opt In Image

THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO
200+ GOOGLE RANKING FACTORS

The complete list of 200+ Google Ranking Factors. Learn how to improve Google ranking (the definite way) by understanding all of the Google ranking factors.

Subscribe & download the E-Book for free now.

22 Comments

• Profile photo of JimNBV

JimNBV

September 13, 2016 at 2:33 am

This is an amazing post! I get discouraged at time when my closest friends and family shoot down my dream. But I consider the source…. they aren’t successful, so it’s only natural for them to discredit something that they don’t understand, and that they will never have.
    That image “How Many Times Should You Try” really brought it home for me about being persistent and not stopping my forward momentum on this journey to my dream.
    Thanks for this post. I feel very motivated!

Jim

• Marilyn Williams

July 1, 2016 at 10:15 am

Wow I found that chart “How many times…” encouraging! It’s amazing the people have what it takes to keep on trying after all those times. It kinda gives you the boost you need doesn’t it!

• JillD

June 3, 2016 at 4:59 pm

What an inspiring article! I feel really fired up now I have read this. It has really uplifted me and given me a good boost to get things done.

I am a great believer in following your dreams and striving to reach your goals and more and more people need to find the self belief and self confidence within themselves and just go for it. There is nothing to lose and only regret to gain if you don’t give it a shot.

Great advice and information on this site. Awesome. 🙂

Thanks

Jill

• Laura

April 28, 2016 at 5:21 am

Great article! I think a lot of people think that people were handing a lot of things. People don’t realize it takes a lot of work and persistent to get where you are.
    Laura

• Matt

April 27, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Hi! Thanks for this post. There is a lot of great advice and information here. A lot of people will give up when they get knocked back once or twice, and just don’t have the courage to go for that 3rd or 4th rejection. It is so true that nobody succeeds first time out, and your info-graphic really helps to illustrate that. Great article!

• Hillary

April 27, 2016 at 8:37 am

This is awesome. I am starting TWO new businesses right now, and neither one is in a particularly “respected” field, but you know what-brush off the haters and work hard! I love that graphic too-puts it all in perspective.

• Profile photo of Kickstartdream

Kickstartdream

April 27, 2016 at 9:41 am

Thanks Hillary, I wish you all the best in your new businesses and keep your chin up.

• Von

April 27, 2016 at 5:41 am

This is very motivational. I remember the line the Michael Jordan quoted before,

“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”

I idolized him and every quote that he says really touches my life.

• Profile photo of Kickstartdream

Kickstartdream

April 27, 2016 at 6:02 am

Thanks for the comment Von. Maybe I should fbe following Micheal Jordan as well 😉

• misti

April 27, 2016 at 1:07 am

I agree w/ you 100%. We’ve gotta keep on- keepin’ on! My great grandmother whom I had the pleasure of taking care of for years, died 5 months shy of her 102nd birthday & she always said “you can’t ever give up, you got to keep on.
    Your site is very nice. And as far as the motivation, it’s one of the best I’ve seen.
    Keep uop the good work. I’ll be back here soon.

• Profile photo of Kickstartdream

Kickstartdream

April 27, 2016 at 6:03 am

Thanks for the comment Misti.

• Dan

April 26, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Great post, I guess most people are guilty of letting a failure get in the way of our dreams, this really highlights the necessity to keep focused and realize that we only truly fail if we give up. I’ll book mark this page and refer to it when I’m feeling down.
    Thanks

• Elektra

April 26, 2016 at 7:23 am

Great post and info! I love the images too! They add so much to depth to your message. I also think that “keep trying” is a key to success. Every failure should be taken as a lesson.Failure is just success in progress 🙂

• Jon Mooruth

April 25, 2016 at 6:49 am

This is really motivational stuff! Brilliant site, very engaging and clear in its goals.
    I love the “How many times should you try” pic 😉

I like the main header in the landing page with your site, looks amazing with the motion picture.
    Helping people realise their dreams is a brilliant niche choice… well done!

Jon

• Profile photo of Kickstartdream

Kickstartdream

April 25, 2016 at 7:10 am

Thanks Jon for your comment. Cheers

• Elizabeth Morris

August 18, 2016 at 9:02 am

Jon, you’re a fraud.

• Sue

April 25, 2016 at 2:27 am

Great infographic and many great points in this article. There are so many nay sayers out there. You have to ignore them and keep moving toward your dreams. Most give up right before achieving their dreams and will never know how close they were to success.

• Profile photo of Kickstartdream

Kickstartdream

April 25, 2016 at 7:09 am

Absolutely Sue, if we have taken effort to start chasing our dreams, we have to expect to put in even more effort to progress further until we reach our goals. I got an advise many many years back “You have not fail if you have not given up yet”.

• Elisa

April 24, 2016 at 8:25 pm

I could not agree more, there are two types of people those who give up, and those that keep trying. I know I will keep trying. I have had to give up on some ideas, but I did not bury my head in the sand, instead I think what next? A couple of years ago I was dealt with a bad blow health wise. I got a really bad infection that damaged the nerve in my inner ear and I have had issues with episodic vertigo ever since. It meant I could no longer do the job I loved. Instead of wallowing and going onto disability I found another way to keep working, and now work an on call job when I am feeling well enough to leave the house and run my own website from home, which allows me to work at my own pace. There is no can’t, just how can!

• Profile photo of Kickstartdream

Kickstartdream

April 25, 2016 at 7:03 am

Elisa I have great respect for positive people like you. We should not despair when something bad happens, we need to get ourselves back to the game and execute the best options available.

• Lynne

April 20, 2016 at 7:34 pm

Geez that infographic really puts it into perspective doesn’t it? I think people very easily assume that others that are hugely successful got it easy or the first time they tried… which is truly not the case now is it?

Thank you for this great reminder, this is exactly what I needed to hear while struggling with a few things. You have motivated me to keep going.

Something that was told to me a while back about failure is not to get down when I fail at something, rather look at it that I am closer to success than before because I can only fail so many times before I do succeed.

• Profile photo of Kickstartdream

Kickstartdream

April 25, 2016 at 6:57 am

Well said Lynne. Only the tough gets going when things are rough, and only the tough and strong ones get to achieve their goals and enjoy the harvest.